This half day workshop provides a comprehensive and straightforward explanation of the global mining industry. Attendees will get a clear picture of the sector’s structure and recent activity, as well as a basic understanding of mineral economics.
Date: Tuesday 11 June 2019
Time: 13:00 – 17:30
Location: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Center
Facilitator: Chris Hinde, Chief Commentator, Mining Beacon
- Appreciate the size and structure of the mining industry.
- Explain the main mining methods and techniques.
- Understand the primary processes for metals recovery.
- Recognise the role of supply and demand on metal prices, the factors influencing operating costs and the impact of exchange rates.
INSIDE MINING WORKSHOP AGENDA
Overview of the Mining Sector
Summary of the size and shape of the global mining industry, including an overview of recent mining activity.
Geology and Mineral Deposits
Summary of the geological processes, the target minerals and metals, and the types of deposit and how they are measured.
Mining on the Surface and Underground
Examination of the main mining methods, techniques involved and the types of equipment in both surface and underground operations.
Overview of the main metals-recovery stages, including milling, smelting and refining, and waste handling.
Explanation of the influences on metals demand and supply, and on operating costs, and the long-term price behavior of commodities.
WHO ATTENDS INSIDE MINING?
- Mining & energy companies
- Financial services
- Law firms
- Accounting firms
- Equipment manufacturers
- Professional services