With COVID-19 continuing to impact people and countries around the world, at Beacon Events our top priority is the health, safety and well-being of employees, event attendees and partners.
The business events industry is uniquely positioned to react to COVID-19 and aid in the global economic recovery.
At Beacon Events, our events focus on providing a platform to help you meet industry challenges and facilitate meetings with decision makers. We remain committed to running our events responsibly and to the best of our ability.
We want to thank all our customers and partners for their continued support, open discussions and encouragement. As everyone has been reminding us, great things happen when the industry comes together and connects, and Beacon Events will continue to offer a platform for continued collaboration.
However, we must also deal with the realities of COVID-19 and it is incumbent upon all of us to remain aware and vigilant of this public health threat.
We ask you to play your part in maintaining a healthy and safe event and urge you to take the following precautions:
- Always practice good hygiene: wash hands, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid sharing food, cups or utensils.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Make sure to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands and avoid personal contact with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. CDC cleaning recommendations can be found here.
- Get a flu shot.
- Recognize the symptoms of this illness which may include a high fever, cough, difficulty breathing, similar to what you may feel with the flu or a bad cold.
- Seek care and immediately notify your health care provider if you are experiencing these symptoms.
- Stay home when you are sick.
We will remain in regular contact with health officials for the latest information and will continue to provide updates to our attendees, partners and sponsors when warranted.
Prior to holding an event, Beacon will be in touch with each participate to provide them with the latest recommendations and remind them that it is their ‘duty of care’ to keep our community and industry safe
Thank you all once again for supporting us and our industry during these challenging times.